Office of the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur
The Office of the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur (OQCE) is the first of its kind in Australia with a strong goal – to make Queensland the number one #startupstate in the country.
The office is part of the Advance Queensland initiative to build innovation in Queensland.
Since it began in 2016, OQCE has helped thousands of Queensland startups to get market ready, scale up, and showcase Queensland as a leading place where innovation is intrinsic to life and business. Under Leanne’s leadership, OQCE has ensured a deep focus on connecting innovators, entrepreneurs, startups and scale ups, and even backyard inventors regionally across Queensland. Leanne and OQCE work to embed innovation throughout government systems as well as connecting businesses, universities, and investors with Queensland entrepreneurs.
The OQCE aims to:
- support the development of Queensland’s startup ecosystem by working with incubators, accelerators and coworking spaces
- connect with regional and remote Queensland to encourage and foster state-wide entrepreneurship
- showcase Queensland startup and entrepreneurial talent to local, national and international audiences
- stimulate and attract local, national and international investment and venture capital to Queensland
- support local entrepreneurs, startups, and small businesses across the state by connecting them with the right opportunities, people, places and spaces to help them grow, scale and create jobs.
Find out more
Learn more about the Office of the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur(opens in new tab).